It was the most beautiful day! I just love the fact that Ethan had to squint for this picture. I missed you, sun! I'm so happy you are back!
Here they all are, crossing the bridge and making it to the roundabout (we were standing in the middle of the roundabout)
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
St Patricks Day Parade
So every St Patricks Day here in Burlington a whole bunch of cement mixers from the company S.D. Ireland drive around the Winnooski roundabout honking their horns. So since it is a tradition (a very funny one) and a bunch of our friends were taking their kids, we went also. And the fact that I had a doctor's appointment right before and it was on our way home helped too! We sat in the roundabout for 15 minutes or so waiting, then we could see (and hear) them all coming down the road, with a police escort. Super funny. Really, us adults just got a kick out of it. So random, and just funny. It was pretty noisy so Ethan wasn't loving that, but he enjoyed it I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
looks and sounds like fun. I always think it's the weirdest traditions that are the most fun to see!! I'd move back there in a heartbeat, but sadly I don't have any kids for ethan to play with.
Post a Comment