Sunday, May 22, 2011

Snow

I have never had a favorite season, I like them all. Being in Vermont definitely perpetuated this for me since we have 4 amazing, distinct seasons.

Spring with the blossoms, buds on the trees and watching the world around you turn green again is incredible.

Summer is a blast with tons of fun things to do with your family (Burlington has got to be one of the most kid-friendly places in the world).

Fall....well, there is no place on earth that can compare to Vermont in the Fall. I really don't know what more to say then that. Just come visit me in October and see for yourself!

But winter here kind of holds a special place in my heart. It is a bitter-sweet relationship, really. It lasts too long and tends to make everyone depressed with the lack of vitamin D. BUT, when it snows here, its majestic. The world is completely silent; the snow falls so quietly. On a good snow storm I love just sitting and watching it fall, its incredibly peaceful and I feel like there isn't anything in this world I need to be doing besides enjoying the silence. It honestly kind of reminds me of how heaven will be.

This is a picture of our street

Another shot of our street


And this is one that I googled and stole because my photography skills do not do the beauty justice. This is in Stowe, Vermont, that town is a little piece of heaven, we go there often. Seriously how perfectly charming is this?

2 comments:

Katie said...

This post almost made me cry, the snow there really is beautiful! I usually hate snow but these pictures are beautiful!

Sara K. said...

Yay! A Christy blog! Happy day!