Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vegas Part. 1

During the month of February Bryan had to study his brains out all day, every day for Step 1 of his boards. And since February in Vermont is pretty rough...I thought "hey, no better time to go to Vegas!"
Our family drove down to Boston and slept in a hotel that night, got up very early and went to the airport. Bryan helped me get our bags checked and walked me to security with all my carry-on stuff, Ethan in a stroller and Nate in the bjorn. (Bryan flew to SLC, by the way, to stay with his parents and have undisturbed study time).
I had to go through security with a 3 year old who wouldn't be still and a baby who was screaming, Bryan felt awful watching me walk away like that. I got up to security, everyones shoes off, stuff through the x ray and the security dude says "umm can you hand your baby off to someone, you are not supposed to go through with a baby." I'm thinking "Like who....my 3 year old?!" But instead I take a breath and say "nope, its just me and the 2 kids." So he let me pass. I have never seen more sympathetic facial expressions that range from "That lady needs help.", "Poor Girl." and "Wow, I'm glad thats not me." But I was glad to be getting sympathetic looks rather then annoyed ones. We get to our gate and Ethan is begging me incessantly for chocolate milk while Nate is screaming for some boobie milk. I made Ethan wait. I got my stuff all organized, my nursing cover out and feed Nate. Then get Nate in the carrier back on, ask some ladies who are giving me those sympathetic looks if they could watch my stuff for just a second and walk with Ethan to get some chocolate milk. After that I was tired and just wanted to get on the plane and went to ask if they could just let me board. I think they felt bad too because they said it was fine.
The flight....oh the flight....it was interesting. It was a 100% full flight because all flights that afternoon were cancelled due to impending snow storms, so i was praying I would be next to someone nice...well she was nice enough...but totally drugged up and super out of it. It was a very strange situation. He boyfriend was behind her, they look like they stole someone's credit card and payed for this vaca to Vegas. They were having a conversation after she came to a little bit about how she had no idea where she was or where they were going. She said she was going to freak out when he told her it was a 6 hour flight. Then she asked how long they were going to be there and he said "I dont know...2 weeks." To which she responded "WHAT?! No way! I dont even have a change of clothes." and he just laughed and said "Me Neither." So weird, right?
She kept asking to hold Nate...uhh no, scary!
Nate cried a lot, I'm sure due to the pressure in his ears, and had 2 blowouts. Fun huh? But Ethan was a champ...he is a great flier.
We finally got to Vegas and my sister and mom made me go to my sisters work so she could meet Nate for the first time. She cried, that isn't unusual for her...she is a very emotional person...its sweet.
We were there from Feb 1-17th. It was filled with lots of fun and lots of family time! Perfect!
we watched Blake play church ball
went to Springs Preserve. One of the few charming things in Vegas. It was fun!
Todd and Ethan are awesome.
Cute uncle Todd time!
More playing with Todd. Secretly Todd is a 5 year old in a man's body. Its pretty awesome and we love him for it. You know Phil Dunphy from Modern Family (best show in TV), I believe his character was based off of Todd...seriously.

Everyone having fun in the turtle. I love my mom! haha
My sister is gorgeous, even when making silly faces.
My cute little boy!
This is Lied's Discovery Museum....I loved this place growing up. Check out Ethan's awesome follow through!
Learning about centrifugal force...see gorgeous sister!
I love this one....Ethan's just chillin
doing some shopping
making bubbles
Lots of fun to be had in Las Vegas! Love my ugly, desert hometown. Home Means Nevada!

No comments: