Wednesday, January 21, 2009

what a day.....

So this day has been the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life! We started the day in Salt Lake at Bryan's parents. It started early we had to pack up the car and get down to the MTC. I'm sure you all know how the MTC went. Very happy he is worthy and willing to serve the Lord yet so sad he wont be around for 2 whole years!! I'm especially sad he is going to miss the next 2 years of Ethan growing up. The little program they do was wonderful and we felt the spirit but I could not stop crying.

Well after that was all over we had to drive home to Cedar. When we got home Bryan got the mail and we had 2 REJECTION letters!! One from Oregon Health and Science University, which we weren't too surprised about because they dont take very many out of state students. And one from the Univeristy of Utah. I am soooo upset about this one. I wasn't convinced I wanted to stay in Utah anyways but I hate that he got rejected. I mean we know some people who had way lower GPA's and MCAT scores with not nearly as many volunteering hours that have gotten in. I think I'm just being prideful and bitter. I'm really starting to get scared that we wont get accepted anywhere. I know that I need to trust that the Lord has a plan for us that will be better then any we could come up with on our own. I just need more faith and if we need to stick it out and apply again next year then we will. I just want to know if any of you that are in Med school ever feel like this or have gone through this. Am I crazy? I know this is an extremely competitive and difficult process but I just feel like anyone who doesn't want Bryan is CRAZY! He is Perfect!

Well anyways....here are pictures of Kyle. We are so proud of him and hope he sticks it out through the hard times and enjoys the good ones!

Ethan is going to miss Kyle ("kyo"). He loves him.

The whole gang!!!

All the kids.

After Kyle got set apart. I know I look sunburned, my fair skin just gets all hot and red randomly during the winter.

7 comments:

Janssen said...

How frustrating. I've heard it's REALLY hard for Utah kids to get into the U's med school.

I'm sure it will all work out okay. Bart got rejected from the MBA program at UT (which was a total shock to him) and it's turned out to be a WAY better thing to do the MPA program instead.

Things will be just right. :)

Sarah said...

I agree that they will turn out just they way they are supposed too. But I can see how frustrating it can be...I hate not being able to know whats going to happen so I can plan. We love you guys!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

OMG I feel the same way about the MTC we've been twice with my brothers. Its great they're going but I couldn't stop crying either!

I'm SO sorry I can't even imagine what your going through...I have a friend in your same boat her husband is applying and getting nothing. You and Bryan are both amazing hang in there, we'll keep you in our prayers!:)

Nate and Lyndsi Clements said...

Hey Christy your so sweet thanks for the comment! I don't even know how I do half the things on my blog. ha
And I must say you have got the cutest little family.

Rob N Amy said...

I am sorry Bryan didn't get in. I am actually totally shocked. Don't worry he will get accepted somewhere. We are praying for you guys.

Nicole said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about med schools! Weston is applying right now too...we have one acceptance but it's to a place that is on the bottom of his list. It is so frustrating waiting for acceptances and wondering where you will end up for the next four years! Where did Bryan apply? Let me know how it ends up!!!

Nicole said...

He got into UT Houston and he is wait-listed at UT Southwestern in Dallas. He has interviewed at Ohio State, Utah, and Vanderbilt so we're hoping one of them comes through! Its such a long, stressful process I can't believe it!