Thursday, May 7, 2009

WE'RE MOVING!!!!

So on Monday afternoon Bryan recieved the much anticipated E-Mail! He was accpeted to the Univeristy of Vermont's College of Medicine!!! Vermont was his #1 choice so he was ecstatic! It is a great school and was just ranked in U.S. News and Reports Top Medical Schools. (i tried really hard to put a link to the report's webpage so you can see it, but i'm not the savviest blogger.) It was #6 in primary care. From what I understand Medical schools can focus on either research or primary care and Bryan really liked the enviroments of the primary care schools.

I feel like every emotion has flooded through me the last 4 days! (ya sorry it took me a while to post about this). I'm excited for a new adventure but terrified at the same time! We will be like 3,000 miles from ANY family; I mean cousins and everything! So i'm very sad about being away from them. I'm happy and proud of Bryan for such a great accomplishment! I'm also totally stressed about how we are going to move. No matter which way we do it, we are looking at about $3,000! I'm also a little bit disappointed because if we didn't get in this year, we were going to stay in Cedar and I was going to get to finish my bachelors degree. I will still get it done, somehow, out in Vermont. It will just take me longer.

Another big thing I'm completely nervous about is living in a place where my religion is not very common. I lived in Vegas until I was 18 so some people would think "well she survived sin city!" but the church is huge there so it wasn't hard at all. Bryan and I always had a good feeling we would get into school there, so when we found out a couple months ago that they legalized Gay Marriage we were a little scared for that. I'm sure we will be asked to be very active in stopping that in the next few years. I found this line from someones blog about their feelings towards people like me: "And the religious bigots are howling in the woods, and spewing their usual monkey [poop]." (yes poop was edited). Great huh?

But here are some things I'm SOOO excited for:



Ben and Jerry's was started in Burlington. There first shop is there and their factory is there. I'm going to have to exercise A LOT to keep up with all the ice cream I will be eating.
This is a building on campus. I dont know how old it is, but I intend to find out! BEAUTIFUL!
Fall in Vermont! I will posting pictures like this in 4 months!!!



This is downtown Burlington. Its called Church Street. It is gorgeous and quaint and charming! I'm so excited to visit this! I have googled it and it had a LONG list of delicious restaurants and awesome shopping. Chocolate shops and all! Here is a short list of some of the shops that are there: Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor LOFT, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Macy's, Urban Outfitters, GAP, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Borders and American Eagle. If we had ANY money, we would be poor with this kind of shopping. But alas, it will be window shopping for me!!

24 comments:

Janssen said...

Vermont is gorgeous! We flew into Burlington when we went to Boston in Fall 2007 and drove down through it and New Hampshire - it's just lovely!

What a fun adventure! Congratulations to Bryan!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Sad you'll be leaving the ward...but CONGRATS Bryan that is AWESOME!! Have FUN!

Becca said...

Yay!! Congratulations! Don't let your newly found status of religious minority deter you from being absolutely actively involved in everything. Choose now to just not let it discourage you. You'll learn and grow so immensely out here. And you'll love it!! Wish we were STAYING!

Tiffany said...

We are SOOO happy for you guys! What an exciting new adventure. Think of all the experiences you will get to share what you know is true. It looks so pretty out there, I'm sure you will love it! And I bet your family will love visiting you there! Congrats!

Tina said...

Congrats!! That is exciting news! I had the same feelings when we moved. It is kind of hard living so far from any family, but as we have found, your ward becomes your family away from home. It's great! And as Tiffany said, it will be a way fun vacation for your family to visit you! It looks so beautiful there! How exciting! Good luck with everything.

Alyssa and Dave said...

You are going to do so awesome out there. I bet you get called to the young women as soon as you get out there and they are going to love you!! I think vermont is kind of close to ohio so we will have to figure out if we can make it out there when we come out for christmas this year and just visit for a day! I'm so excited for you!!!

Sarah said...

We definitely want to come out and visit! Congrats guys! We will DEFINITELY miss you!

remington and mindy said...

Congratulations! We will miss you guys!

Natster said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats!!!! What an incredible experience! :) Best of luck with moving!

Lindsay said...

What an exciting adventure! I sort of envy you because the one and only place I've lived is vegas... Well Henderson too, but that's still the same.

And out of the many times passing through Utah, I think that was the first time we stopped in beaver. Usually we stop in Cedar, and I love place.

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Congrats! Vermont is wonderful and you two are going to love it! What an adventure to embark on. Congrats to the both of you!!

ls said...

SO exciting! And guess what? There is a small chance that we could end up in Vermont (at Dartmouth) in the next couple of years for John's PhD. Maybe we'll see ya there?! I am so happy for you, Bry and Christy.

Andy & Alicia said...

Congratulations. That will be so fun. I've always wanted to move far away from everyone. You guys will have so much fun.

MINDY SAVAGE and Kids said...

Christy you are so braver than I am. It will be a good change. And it looks so pretty there. Im sure your families will miss you guys as much as you will be misssing them. Good luck and best wishes. Hope you keep bloging!!!

Ben and Sarah said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! We already miss Cedar City. Good Luck with the move.

The Marchant Family: said...

Yay for the Clarks! We're thrilled for you and know you will be great examples of the church in Vermont. Best wishes moving--we feel your pain, but we're not moving nearly so far.

Marianne said...

Plan on a visit from Aunt Marianne - Vermont in the fall is Very Very tempting.
Congratulations Bryan!

Rob N Amy said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!!!! and for those chocolate shops!!!! Good luck with getting out there. Have the time of your life.

Skye L. said...

That's exciting! I spent two summers in NH but on the border of VT. I went to the ben & jerry's factory and they give free ice cream at the end. I love that stuff! and it is soo beautiful! I loved the time i spent there, I'm sure you'll end up loving it too!

Theo Fam said...

Congratulations again Christy!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Before you know it, he'll be applying for away rotations and starting residency applications. It goes by fast!!!!

Phil and Kelly said...

Congrats we are really excited for you guys. It looks great out there.

The Andersens said...

WOW!! Congrats to Bryan!! Im sad we wont be living in the same town, but so happy for you guys :) You will love it there... When do you move?? I need to see you before you leave. Maybe we can all get together for a BBQ?? we can do it at my house. Let me know :) Congrats again!! Love ya

brent & meg talbot said...

YEAH!!! we're so excited for you guys. we were just talking about you last night and i told brent i hadn't heard if you'd been accepted yet, but no surprise you got in!! we're so excited for you, and vermont will be awesome! please tell bryan congrats for us!

Zockoll said...

Looks like a beautiful place to live