Bryan's graduation picture that we sent out in his announcementsI have to start by saying I LOVE BRYAN! I really truly believe he is the most PERFECT and AMAZING man in the world! I love him with all my HEART and sometimes have to sit back and look at him and think "wow...he is really all mine. FOREVER!" It is also a good self-esteem booster to know that Heavenly Father must think I'm something special to entrust me with one of his best sons! I am not going to make this a mushy love fest, but I have to mention how GRATEFUL and PROUD I am of him!! (notice all the caps? thats how much i mean it!)
Its kind of a big deal that ethan fell asleep on me. I dont think he has done that since he was 2 months old. I couldn't believe how exhausted he was This weekend he graduated with honors from Southern Utah University. His degree was in Biology with an emphasis in Zoology and a minor in Chemistry. He recieved Summa Cum Laude, which is an award they give to students who recieve a GPA higher then 3.8. I dont remember his exact GPA, it wasn't a perfect 4.0...buts its very well over 3.8. This can be a brag post too right?!
I am so proud of him! 1 step out of many many more to becoming a doctor!His family came down from Salt Lake for it, including his Grandma Soderberg! But excluding his brother Kyle, who is on a mission. And my family came up from Vegas. Excluding my older brother Zach who has a dumb boss and his cute girlfriend Staci! It was very much a family affair! I think a little bit of his diploma should be awarded to all those people who came to it. Bryan always says he could not have done this without me. I know he could have done it, but he didn't believe in himself enough to be anything he wanted to (which was a doctor) I will take credit for that much. I did have to keep telling him he could do it if that is what he wanted. Also despite what they may think, both of our families has really made this accomplishment a lot easier to obtain. Their support and love and encouragement (and buying a textbook or two to help out). And my sister for the many babysitting nights she helped us out with. I feel like i'm giving an acceptance speach at the academy awards.
Bryan's family

My family
Kristi and Dario ( bryan's sister and brother-in-law)
Ethan being cute with his Daddy
He is such a good example to Ethan!We weren't going to go through all the pomp and circumstance of the ceremonies until we heard that THOMAS S. MONSON was going to be the commencement speaker. I told him he HAD to walk so i could see the Prophet! It was incredible to be in the same room as our Prophet! I have been to General Conference when Hinckley was President, and when I went I was totally overwhelmed by how much I KNEW President Hinckley was our Prophet. But this was the first time I have seen President Monson in real life. I have always felt good and had a testimony that he was our Prophet, but when he walked into the room and the spirit was SO strong, even though we weren't in a church setting, I KNEW he is the living Prophet today. I definately had a testimony building experience being there. Oh I love this gospel!!!! Here is a quote from his talk that I stole from deseretnews.com:
"No graduate can afford to close his textbooks or his mind; for learning is not just an in-class activity, but an all-day, everywhere process," he said. "You have developed the skill to study; use it. You have learned the value of effort; apply it. You have pursued the quest for excellence; continue it."
President Monson recieveing his Honorary Doctorate from President Benson (thanks for letting me steal this picture Robyn! Its awesome! You should charge copyright fees! =) )
president monson giving his speech.
and of course, pictures of ethan being cute! it was a GORGEOUS day!
Having so much fun with his Uncle Alex and Blake
8 comments:
Christy,
I stole that picture from deseret news so I better not take credit for it.
Congrats Bryan and Good luck!!!
What a fun fun event!
And how cool is it that President Monson was the speaker? I guarantee he will not be the speaker at my graduation in a few weeks. . .
Congrats Bryan! Summa Cum Laude- wow, that's aweomse!!!
What an incredible day. That is so neat that you were able to have Pres. Monson as the speaker! How neat! :)
Congrats Bryan! We are very proud of you and so excited that you are going to VERMONT! HOORAY!!
Nice Job man, I wish I could tell you it got easier.... so I'll just say nice job and keep up the good work!
Go Bryan! Our days of sitting through AP English passing notes have finally paid off! Congratulations-- you are kind of a big deal :).
Christy, I am in love with your bangs. Just so you know.
Congrats Bryan! And you too, Christy! I'm sure you both put in a lot of hard work for him to get to where he is now. That is sooo cool that you got to hear President Monson speak, he is just the best ever!
Oh and congrats on Vermont! You are going to have such an adventure - how fun! When are you guys moving? We need to get together before you leave!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I heard you got into Vermont!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I wish I was still around to help watch Ethan so you can get some good solid packing time in. I can't wait to see the post about when you are moving and stuff. It was so fun to hang out with you this weekend. I miss Cedar so much.
Post a Comment