Wednesday, July 29, 2009

update!

So I wanted to give a quick update of everything that is going on with our family. Bryan left Sunday morning with our Durango and drove out to Vermont. He stopped in Cedar City and went to our ward and got to be a part of our good friend's baby blessing, which he loved, Thanks Dave and Alyssa! Then he met up with his parents and his little brother Alex in Cove Fort. His little brother hopped in our car and they headed out to Vermont! They were hoping to make it to the border of Colorado and Nebraska but got stuck on the freeway between Grand Junction and Denver. I guess there was some huge accident that put them 3 hours behind!! So our lovely friend Allison let them stay at her house in Denver. Allison was one of my older brother Zach's friends from high school, she was so sweet to take them in! The next morning it was off to Vermont again. Bryan remembered that one of his best friends from high school is in Iowa for chiropractic school so he stayed the night with him (yes, we love our friends and they saved us lots of money on hotels!). Bryan said he had sooooo much fun staying with Mark and catching up with him. The next morning was off through Canada. I convinced Bryan (because well, lets face it, I always have the better ideas...haha) that he should go through Niagara Falls so they could say they saw something on this 4 day adventure. They drove through Niagara and then stayed the night in Syracuse, NY...in a hotel. The next morning (this is now wednesday) they drove all the way to Burlington. He sent me a picture from his phone of Lake Champlain that they had to cross on a ferry to get to Burlington, it is GORGEOUS and made me excited to get out there.

When he got there the Bishop (which is a M.D./ Ph.D. student) and the Elders Quorum President (an M.D. student) and a few of the guys from our ward and the missionaries came over and helped them move in. Our ward already loves us! Hooray!

Bryan called me and said "well i have good news and bad news. bad news is there is no air conditioner in our apartment. apparently since you really only need it for like 3 months they didnt put one in." Ok let me you tell you my thought process...1st, I'm going to die. Yes, a little dramatic but I'm one of those people who doesn't sleep if it is warmer then 65 degrees in my room. 2nd, I can't believe I'm moving to a place that you only need an A/C for 3 months. I grew up in Vegas where you practically never turn off you A/C. Right now its like 108 outside. Oh boy.
Well I'll move on to the good news. We get free internet and cable tv! Hooray that is good! Since we planned on buying a webcam to keep Ethan familiar with his grandparents, aunts and uncles that is very nice we dont have to pay for internet. And since I only get things down when Ethan gets to watch the Disney Channel (ok and I like a few shows on that channel too) free cable is awesome as well. So when i checked up on Bryan and Alex later that night sure enough they had the tv firgured out and were watching the MLS All-Star game.

Now for me, yes, I'm still in Vegas. New York City is having thunderstorms so flights are all messed up. I am anxious to get back there but completely terrified of flying. I know some optimist are like "its like a rollercoaster when you're in turbulence" well when I fly I'm basically saying a constant prayert. Yes, again, very dramatic, but I'm terrified of flying. You can imagine the prayer I had on the way home from Romania, thats 24 hours! I'm seriously contemplating take a Xanax before the flight...that is not prescribed to me. Right now I am changing my plan and going to fly to Boston and have Bryan come pick me up. But the flight gets in at 6:30 am which means bryan has to leave vermont at 3 am! So i dont feel great about that option either.

well on a happy note, here are some pictures bryan took on his phone...
this is lake champlain. we live like right off of this lake. Bryan took this phone on the ferry to get from new york to vermont. GORGEOUS!!
Niagara Falls
Bryan at Niagara Falls



4 comments:

Janssen said...

Our new apartment in Boston doesn't have an AC either for the same reason.

I am SO excited to get to the east coast. Yippee!!

The Marchant Family: said...

Good luck! It's crazy and scary and we're hoping you love it there. We just got settled in our new place in California. We're pretty much already homesick, but excited for school! Keep the updates coming:)

Sarah said...

So beautiful! We are defintely going to come out and visit :)

erin said...

beautiful!! chrisy that was a great idea! i'm glad you guys made it safe and sound!!! hope your flight wasn't too bad!!!! we'll have to plan a visit asap!!!!