Monday, February 22, 2010

we're having a baby!

so i was just getting ready to post some pictures and things, and remembered that i haven't announced on the blog that i'm pregnant! and i thought it should probably be given a little more attention then just a p.s. at the bottom of another post. so...hooray! i'm pregnant!

this pregnancy has been so weird. with my first pregnancy, it was all i thought about. everything i did was centered around ethan's future arrival. but i dont know if its because i'm busy taking care of ethan that i just forget that i'm pregnant (and trust me...i'm sick! so i dont know how i forget that its because i'm growing a baby!) and it isn't as super exciting as the first time. did any of you with 2 children feel like this? please tell me i'm normal!!

aside from that weirdness. we are excited! and nervous! it has been a while since we went through all of this, so it all feels new again. and Ethan is really, really excited! he talks about it all the time and frequently asks me how i'm feeling and if the baby in my belly is ok. sweet huh? he really is a big sweetheart. and when i think about how much i love him and those "cup runneth over" moments of how much joy he brings...i get really excited about this new addition.

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think I told you congrats on fb already, but congrats again!!!

I totally felt the same way with the second (and third) pregnancy. People would ask me how far along I was, and I would really have to think about it, compared to the first time where I knew how many weeks and days along I was! I also would "forget" I was pregnant, especially during those times when you're just sick but not showing yet!

But, even though you might not feel the same during the pregnancy, you definitely won't love the second child any less!! I hope your sickness won't last much longer!

Tiffany said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys. I hope you aren't feeling too sick, that can be so rough. How fun that you will have a baby brother or sister for Ethan!

(And I felt the same way with my 2nd pregnancy too.)

Janssen said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!!!

Heather and Ben said...

Congrats on the baby news. So exciting for you guys!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's totally normal to 'forget' about being pregnant. By the time I was pregnant with Josie, I don't think I hardly ever thought about it until the day we found out she was a girl (and then there was just so much shopping to do :)

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Congrats!!

Whitney said...

Congrats!!! You guys make beautiful babies! When do you find out what you're having? When are you due?

Shelise said...

Oh, Congratulations!

Matt and Melissa said...

Congratulations! Maya will be so happy to have another cousin :) Hope all is well for you guys!

Sara said...

I'm feeling the same way right now with this pregnancy. With my first I kept track of every step and now the weeks just fly by. I also forget because I'm busy taking care of Kate and working. I however don't get sick, so now it's just the baby kicks that remind me. How far along are you?

Brittany said...

Yeah that is so exciting! When are you due? We miss ya! It sounds like everything is going really well for you guys.

Sarah said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see prego pics!