Wednesday, February 24, 2010

white coat ceremony

Bryan had his white coat ceremony last friday. It was something we have been looking forward to and it was a lot of fun to be there for it! The professor that was the keynote speaker gave this really amazing talk. He spoke about the symbolism of the white coat and what it has meant to him over the years. That the white coat carries with it a trust that patients have for their physicians and the responsibility these students have by wearing it. It was really neat.
I'm so incredibly proud of Bryan. He is like a super-powered machine with the abilities he has to take care of and do everything. Yet the most compassionate, patient and loving machine that there ever was. I know you shouldn't have pride, but i'm not perfect, so I do! =)



Getting his coat.
The College of Medicine Class of 2013. (2013 sounds so futuristic. yes, he really will be in school as long as it took to get from kindergarten to high school graduation...oy...)


ethan loved telling Bryan how cool his white coat was

this is a terribly embarrassing picture of me. shiny face. maybe its because of all the work I had to do to keep ethan quiet.

7 comments:

erin said...

woot woot!!! go bryan! (and christy and ethan!) very cool indeed! thanks for sharing the great pictures and experience! the white coat is very sharp!!!!and I like that last picture, you all look cute!

Tiffany said...

That is awesome! Bryan looks so official...And you have every right to be proud. :) I just have to say, I LOVE Ethan's little suit. Sooo cute. And I don't know what you're talking about, you look great!

Cass said...

Way to go!! That is so awesome and now that Bryan has a white coat he looks all official (and a little intimidating :) )

Cassie said...

#1, I was totally thinking about you this morning and then I saw that you commented on my blog so it made me happy.
#2, Go Bryan, what an awesome moment!
#3, Woo hoo you're having a baby!!! You guys make the cutest babies! I am excited to see this one. When's the due date?

Matthew and Lindsey said...

That is so cool-it is like he is a real doctor. Also-just wanted to say congrats on baby #2!!!

Unknown said...

Christy you are sweet! I really can't do anything without you by my side, especially any achievements that I might have; they are yours too. I love you!

Jay and Mel said...

This post brings back SO many memories. It feels like I was just barely sitting at Jay's white coat ceremony and yes, I was overwhelmed with how proud I was of him. Also, don't they look so handsome in their white coats. Congrats on the first big step of Med school.
Also, You are Prego!!!? How wonderful. How far along are you? I am now 13 weeks. I wonder if we are close. I hope you feel better soon. I'm happy to say that l feel much better now but all of those weird feelings that you are having are completely normal. Just hold on for the ride because it will go so fast. Before you know it you will be stepping foot in your home and realize that you are now a FULL TIME mom with two kids. Also, I wanted to tell you I had a fear of not loving the 2nd as much as my first but just wait, you will wonder what life was ever like without both your kids and also the others that will come.
You are such a wonderful mom. I'm glad to hear that you are bringing another beautiful baby here.
Last thing, Jay and I really are going to come visit you guys sometime. I'll call and we can work out details. Congrats again. (sorry for the novel)