Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vermont City Marathon

So Bryan ran his second marathon on Sunday, May 30th. He finished in 3 hours 45 minutes and a couple seconds. His goal was 3:45 so he finished right on time! He said he had SO much fun! For those of you thinking, "How in the world can that be fun?!" You're not alone... I think the same thing. But to each their own right? haha
And in case you are wondering if Bryan could be any more amazing, he never fails to surprise. This kid is seriously perfect...how did I ever deserve him?!
The route was of course unbelievably gorgeous because, well, Vermont is the prettiest place in the world. It was around downtown Burlington and then along Lake Champlain. You know the primary song "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me"? That is what I think of when I see Lake Champlain, well pretty much 99% of Vermont makes me think that. It is so beautiful here and I really wish all of you could see it!
Ethan has been pretty sick with a fever and a bad cough for the last 3 days, he was such a trooper during the race! I just pushed the stroller around to the 3 different places they came downtown and for the most part, he just stayed in his stroller.
The marathon team raised $34,000 for Neuroblastoma research, that is 17 children that will get treatment!! Awesome! Some of the parents of the children ran in the race and the head researcher ran some of it as well. These people were so inspiring to be around, and I'm sure it was the pregnancy, but I was also really emotional being around them.
I will add a few pictures for all of you to see!!

The marathon team
Around mile 3

Around mile 9. He was coming to give Ethan a high five!

Around mile 15

Gorgeous Lake Champlain


He finished!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on Sunday!!! We were able to get internet access today, and this was the first thing we checked! Wish we could've been there to cheer you on. That's a great time and finish!

Phil and Kelly said...

Congrats! That is amazing! I hope Ethan is better.