Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Can Follow God's Plan For Me

So we haven't been up to much lately. Our summer has been pretty boring so far! Well I'm trying to choose to not think of it as summer until next week. Because summer means fun and it has not been much fun around our house. But Bryan's last day of school is on Friday, so we will kick off our "summer" then.
We have had a lot of people move the last 3 weeks and it has been pretty hard on Ethan and I. It's lonely, and going out to the playground (which used to be one of our favorites) is now pretty sad because there just isn't anyone to play with. Ethan and I both had a bunch of friends, but its kind of desolate now. For the most part, I try to not complain about where we are in our stage of life because I know we have so many blessings. But some days being the wife of a medical student is just hard! It is a long, expensive and exhausting road to becoming a doctor! I'm kind of being forced to learn the virtue of patience.
I have been obviously contemplating a lot about Heavenly Father's plan for our family. This is where I find my solace, knowing that He does in fact have a plan for us. And I do not question that part of His plan for us is to be in Vermont right now. And Bryan to be attending medical school. I know that we are supposed to be here. I am so so grateful for this testimony, because without it I think I might be sucking down Xanax like orange juice.
I have always known, but am realizing again through many "mom talks" (have I ever mentioned how amazing my mom is and how much I love her?) that I have the greatest blessings in the world, which I'm not going to list because that would make this way too long! But one blessing I am SO grateful for lately is the simply the blessing of a testimony.
I know that having a testimony is not easy for all people (especially being in the "missionary field" of Vermont, I see a lot of these people). But I have been blessed with one. Even through these hard times, I know they are just trials. And because I have a testimony of the Doctrine and Covenants, I know that trials are for our own good. And because I have a testimony of my Heavenly Father, I know he is there and that he loves me and has a plan for us. All of this comfort, just because of a testimony! I am sorry if this post was kind of a downer but it was theraputic for me!
And because of my calling, I dont think anything can be better expressed then through a Primary song. I'm going to leave the chorus of I Can Follow God's Plan For Me.


I will follow God's plan for me
Holding fast to His word and His love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in His way.
Then I will be happy on earth.
And in my home above.

4 comments:

Natster said...

Thanks Christy for this post! I love hearing your beautiful testimony. You're great. :)

Tyler and Laura said...

I love this post. I know exactly how you are feeling, especially the part about swallowing xanax like orange juice. ha ha. Miss you and hope your summer is so fun!

Erica said...

Christy... this makes me so sad! I MISS THE PLAYGROUND! Today is one of those days that I just want to go back to they way things use to be in good old Vermont. I need to think more like you in the way that I am where I need to be right now. I miss you tons and Gavin is missing his friend Ethan. We talk about him lots. I am so excited that Bryan is finishing up!!! Way to go Bryan... I hope you guys have a fun summer (maybe you guys could come visit!). My summer is ending as of today since Jake has to start work tomorrow. I guess we are entering the "real world" of no more summer breaks. I miss you guys!

Nat said...

Oh... this makes me sad. Chloe has been asking about Ethan. I hope you hang in there. I wish I was there to play on the playground. We miss Vermont so much. Indiana just isn't the same. Hopefully, the new families will come soon so you have some people around. Take care and if you ever want to make the drive to South Bend you are welcome at our house!!