We had our little boy! He is an angel! Seriously, such a good baby. I will try and get all the details, but its 2 pm and I still haven't showered today or put in my contacts so I'm running at a slower pace! So on Thursday I had my dr.'s appointment and I asked if and when she would be willing to strip my membranes. It worked with Ethan with no real problems, so I thought I would give it a try! She said she was on call that night so she would do it right then! So I went home contracting and all that and thought my water broke at about 8 30 pm. My water never broke with ethan so I had no idea what it was supposed to be like. We had one of the new med students that moved in come over while Ethan was in bed (thanks Dave!!). Well I went to hospital and they checked, water still in tact and hadn't dilated any further then that afternoon. They sent me home with an ambien so I could sleep through the cramping. Then I woke up at about 5:45 with some real hard contractions and my water really broke, this time there was no question haha. We called Dave back over, he was so helful! So we got to the hospital about 6:30 am and delivered at 11 am. I was unsure if I wanted an epidural this time because last time my epidural was terrible and i couldn't move ANYTHING. But this time my contractions were so so hard and I was completely miserable, there was no question that I wanted an epidural. It was a perfect epidural though, I could feel my legs and toes and the pressure with contractions, but no pain. It was awesome. It was a great delivery! He was 8 lbs. 10 oz and 20 1/2 inches...he is our chunky monkey! Oh and we picked Nathan because it just fit him, so it was a pretty easy decision!
Ethan has been really patient with all this new transitioning, he is definitely having times were he starts acting up because he needs attention though. I hope I can keep up with him!
So these are just camera phone pictures, but I wanted to get something up and if I wait to upload pictures from our real camera you might not have seen anything for a week or so. I will put some better ones up when I get a chance!




16 comments:
He is so cute! Congrats you guys. I'm glad the labor went well (sounds fast!) Ethan will love having a baby brother. Good luck in the next few weeks!
Congratulations!!! What a cute little guy.
Oh my gosh I love those cheeks! Ethan will be a great big brother. Congrats Clarks!!
YAYYY!!! Congratulations! He is such a sm,iley happy guy!! glad it went well and can't wait to see more pics- rest up for now!!:)
Congrats! He is so cute and chunky. . .i love it. And he's got a great name.
Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well. I'm hoping to have my membranes stripped in 3 weeks too, it worked with Alethia. He is darling! Ethan is so cute too and so big!
YAY!! That's so awesome, CONGRATS!!! Hope your recovery goes well. Good luck with everything. Wish you were close by so we could bring you dinner. Take Care!!
Congrats!! What a gorgeous baby boy!! Glad everything went well :)
He is so cute! Look at that last picture with Ethan and Nathan...that makes all the pregnancy and delivery worth it (easy for me to say!). Congratulations.
So cute I love the last one he looks like he is smiling! Congrats!
Congrats you guys! Glad everything went well! Have fun with those cute boys!
Oh my gosh I want to hold him so bad! He is so cute, love the cheeks! I can't wait to come visit! Enjoy!
What a handsome baby guy! And the boys look so cute together! Love it!
Love, Love the last picture. It looks like they are just sitting and laughing together. He is adorable and I love the name Nathan!! That IS crazy that our babies are so close in age and not to mention in weight!! Beckham was 8lbs 6oz. Don't you LOVE chubby babies!! Take Care!! Congrats on a great delivery!
Congrats! He's perfect!
Congratulations!!! He looks so cute. Reading your blog is totally making me nervous to be joining you in the two kid department soon and dealing with labor and delivery again and sleepless nights with a newborn and crazyness. Ahhhh! I am glad to hear it all went well though. The last picture is so cute of the brothers. I hope things are going well. You'll have to give me some good pointers. Congrats Christy!!!
Post a Comment