Monday, January 16, 2012

Vermont Products I Can't Live Without

I have an obsession with a few things from Vermont that I am either going to go through serious withdrawls when we move, or pay a lot of money to have it shipped.  Here is my grand list, and they are in no order.  They are all equally delicious!

First, Cold Hollow Apple Cider. There is no cider that can compare. It is so so SO SO good!  Cold or heated...it is down right amazing. They do ship, for a mere $24 a gallon! I know it sounds crazy, but I might have to do it when I'm feeling low.  Hey, my mom did! Along, with their cider donuts...very very very good, but I'm not addicted to those.

Second, Stonyfield French Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt.  It is basically ice cream.  Good for you, ice cream. We loved it mixed with berries.

Third, is a salad dressing called Well Dressed Greens.There are 3 different version and I love the Jessie.  It isn't inexpensive though, $10 a bottle! However, if a salad dressing can make me crave eating vegetables just so I can pour some of it on it...I think it is worth it.  Especially if you know my track record for eating vegetables.  We discovered this at the Burlington Farmers Market one day.  Bryan saw one of the ob/gyn doctors he had been working with and stopped to chat.  I started sampling her dressing as they talked and I have never turned back.


Fourth, Cabot Cheese.  Best. Cheddar. EVER!  This stuff, my mom really does keep her fridge stocked up with, it is that good.  It isn't very expensive to ship and since it is cold she doesn't worry about it going bad.  I learned at their annex store, cheese can be un-refrigerated for 48 hours! They have tons of flavors which makes it fun.  I just can't eat other cheddar cheese now, it is like eating rubber bands.
Fifth, Vermont maple syrup. This is more for my family then me.  I am not a maple fan, I just don't like the flavor.  However I do like the natural stuff a lot more then the Mrs. Buttersworth stuff. When we first moved here we hated the Vermont syrup and kept using the fake stuff.  We ran out of Mrs Buttersworth and decided to use what we had left of the Vermont stuff, then tried going back to Mrs Buttersworth and were sick!  Now it is much loved in our home!


I'm sure there are probably some things we are missing here.  I haven't included fresh picked apples, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.  Which are delicious, but I haven't picked fresh ones anywhere else so I can't compare to Vermont's.
Basically, Vermont is a culinary feast of healthier food! And that is reason #1,567 why
  I LOVE VERMONT!

6 comments:

Erin L said...

I agree with all of those. I am so glad you introduced me to Stonyfield yogurt. It was my favorite breakfast. Lately I've been eating it with strawberries and bananas and it is so yummy.

Heather said...

I haven't tried Well Dressed Greens yet...I'll have to get some.

Sarah said...

Loved that cheese!!!

erin said...

i want to live some place cool!

Skye L. said...

Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! I spent two summers in NH and now I have to buy the ice cream every once in awhile because it is soo good

Janssen said...

Now I need a cider donut. . .