
So I was redaing through a book I have of poems just for fun today and found this one that totally reminds me of my mom, and it just happens to be her birthday today! So I will share a few of the reasons why I love my mom; through this poem.
Whenever I feel myself inferior to everything about me, threatened by my own mediocrity, frightened by the discovery that a muscle is losing its strength, a desire its power or a pain the keen edge of its bite, I can still hold up my head and say to myself: "I am the daughter of the woman who...planning journeys and undertaking them...I am the daughter of a woman who, in a mean, close-fisted, confined little place, opened her village home to strat cats, tramps and pregnant servant-girls. I am the daughter of a woman who many a time, when she was in despair at not having enough money for others, ran through the wind-whipped snow to cry form door to door, at the houses of rich, that a child had just been born in a poverty stricken home to parents whose feeble, empty hands had no swaddling clothes for it. Let me not forget that I am the daughter of a woman who herself never ceased to flower, untiringly, during three quarters of a century.
My mom had always had an ability for compassion on those who would otherwise be judged by someone else. She gives her time and self everyday (seriously...everyday) for other people...family, friend or stranger. Its just engrained in who she is. She also a zest for life that most 28 year old ( =) )women dont have. Just because she has lived more years, that doesn't stop her from having fun! Thats two of the many reasons why I love my mom!!
3 comments:
Tell HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom for me!!!!! She is such a nice lady!
Christy, this is probably one of the best birthday presents you've
ever given me. Thanks! I love you lots.
Hey Christy, its Marissa. I found you through Tiff and Isaac and was thinking back to the good ol days in small group!!!Your little boy is adorable:)
Post a Comment