So just in case any of you were wondering if Bryan could be any more awesome you can add "he ran a marathon" to the list. I always say Bryan is perfect (well because he is) and I could list the reasons but I dont want you all knocking down my door and trying to steal him from me! =). He ran the Vegas Marathon on Sunday, Dec. 7th. Here are some pictures to show you his awesome-ness! He has never experienced that feeling most people get when they run...pain and being tired. So when he got to mile 20 and his thighs cramped up and he couldn't move he finally found his kryptonite. He said he had to walk for a few miles and by the time he got to the final stretch he started jogging again because he just had to get there. I saw him at mile 17 and he looked AWESOME! He was so happy and feeling good. Then he came in about 30 minutes later then planned at the finish line and couldn't smile or anything. Oh I felt so bad for him but I was SO proud of him! He did it! In the picture behind the chain link fence he said he thinks he was crying. He said "I was so exhausted and used everything in my body that it felt like my tear ducts had to empty themselves too." He is so tough! And I am so proud of him. He said it was totally worth it and he would like to run another one someday but doesn't want to think about it right now. And his legs are ok but his feet feel like they are broken.
At the check-in the day before

Looking awesome at Mile 17

My mom, dad, Blake and Ethan with the poster I made him. Waiting at the finish line.

Right before the finish line!

3 comments:
I'm reading this shortly after getting back from the gym where I ran for a WHOLE TEN MINUTES and this post makes me want to die. A marathon would totally kill me. Good for him!
Also, I love that there is a lady holding a Weight Watchers bag in that last picture.
Great job Bryan. After my first half marathon I couldn't even walk. My legs were like jello. It took me about a week to start walking normal again. My feet were killing me. And I lost a toe nail. It took me 9 months to grow back. Running is so hard on your body. Thanks for motivating bob. You are the only thing that got him to the finish line. He really wanted to do one so I am glad you helped him. Maybe someday you can run another one together in the future.
Dang i wish i could run a marathon.. i think i would die haha! Thats awesome thoguh!
Post a Comment