Friday, August 7, 2009

Ben and Jerry's and Trapp Family Lodge (with a special treat)

So the Ben and Jerry's factory is about 30 minutes from our house. You take a little tour, learn about how they love to help local farmers and get free ice cream at the end! Hooray! They also had a pretty cool gift shop =). And a few cool vendors on the property.

Here are some of my loves: ice cream, bryan and ethan =)

Our little family.
So my aunt told me that the Von Trapp family (from the Sound of Music) lived in Vermont a few weeks ago. I thought when they hiked those hills at the end of the movie, they would end up in like France of England or something. But they really actually moved to Vermont in the 1940's and built this lodge in 1950. They own like 2800 acres up there. It was like a huge resort/hotel with tons of fun outdoor stuff to do. Plus a beautiful restaurant. It was INCREDIBLE views!

This is the lodge, gorgeous no?


And one of the breathtaking views. The mountains are pretty too. serfiously, how cheesy am i?



I love this picture because he posed himself, haha. such a cutie.




So i LOVE hydrangeas. There is something about how lush and full and how each one of those petals creates this beautiful "poof" that I just love! They had like 4 hydrangea bushes there and i fell in love. I think my mom is going to have to come out here and help me plant a hydrangea bush in out front yard. Or Kirk Blake, I hear he has quite the green thumb. Maybe that is the perfect reason for the Blakes to come visit! (wink wink)

In honor of Maria: These are a few of my favorite things. (ethan and hydrangeas)

And these beauties are what Bryan gave me for our anniversary! They are SOOO pretty! I love my man!


and finally for the special treat. bryan and ethan doing the famous opening scene of the sound of music. with music by christy. i have a terrible voice, you might want to turn down the volume.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Fun! I'm glad you guys are finding fun things to do there. It looks SO pretty out there! When does Bryan start school? By the way, I love the picture of Ethan in front of the flowers, he is such a handsome boy!!