(This is a view from the lodge at Camp Joseph)So Camp Joseph is like super close to the Memorial of Joseph Smith's birthplace. We stopped there on our way out. So I will try to describe as best as I can the area. When you get out of your car at the parking lot, they have little hidden speakers in the surrounding trees playing hymns. So you literally feel like angels are in the woods singing "Praise to The Man" and "We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet". It really sets the most amazing feeling. So there are cute little older missionary couples who do tours through the Visitors Center. They give a backround of Joseph and timeline of his life and then talk about the church. It was such a good day! Oh and Ethan couldn't have been better. Seriously. The tour was like an hour and he just quietly walked around and looked at the pictures and made cute, quiet little comments. I mean he was seriously perfect. I am so lucky to be his mom!
This memorial is made of one solid piece of granite. I guess it is one of the largest single pieces of polished granite in the world. It is 38 1/2 feet tall, one foot for every year of Joseph's life. When Joseph F. Smith dedicated this memorial in 1905 he blessed it that people would feel peace when they came to visit. I can tell you that I dont know the last time I have been to a more beautiful and peaceful place.
This is us with the memorial in the backround.




4 comments:
How cool that you guys live so close to such a cool place! I love the picture of Ethan jumping in the rain.
By the way your family picture at the top is gorgeous!
I so want to take a family trip to all those awesome church history sites sometime. That is awesome! Oh, and that is such a cute picture on your blog header too!
That's so awesome you have so much of that cool stuff close by! I love the picture of ethan!
How fun - I would love to live in Vermont! When I was little that's where I said I was going to live. Ha ha. How funny. Anyways - as far as my photography - I'm self-taught. Many many nights...days...months of learning and finding my style. I love it. It's my little artistic outlet. Ha ha.
Post a Comment