Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Neuroblastoma Research

Although being busy with Medical School, Bryan has decided to run another marathon on May 30th. His classmates have decided to run in support of Pediatric Neuroblastoma Research. This research is headed right here at the University of Vermont by Dr. Giselle Sholler. And due to the nature of pediatric cancers not being as common as adult cancers, they are heavily funded by private donations. Bryan's goal is to raise $500. I feel weird asking all of you to donate money, but in all honesty if one of you were running a marathon to raise money for children cancer I would have liked the opportunity to help support that. It makes me feel good to know I did even just a little, and I think most of you like these opportunities as well. Even if its just a dollar.

We are asking you to donate any amount that you feel comfortable with. Thank You in advance for your support of Bryan and more importantly of this research.

Please visit his fund raising website at:
http://www.firstgiving.com/bryanbclark

To visit the Neuroblastoma website, please follow this link:
http://www.vermontcancer.org/index.php?id=351

And to visit the blog of a patient who has Neuroblastoma, 5 year-old Will Lacey, you can follow this link:
http://www.willlacey.com/2009/09/what-am-i-donating-to.html

No comments: