Thursday, August 4, 2011

...or walk by a lilac tree...

We have this big lilac tree in front of our apartment. It bloomed in the middle of May, I waited and waited all spring for this thing to bloom, she was worth the wait! I'm not a huge fan of lilac scented things in stores, but that is nothing to what a real lilac tree smells like. I would sometimes wander outside just to walk passed it and get a whiff. Yep, that amazing.


I discovered a new little piece of heaven for me (along with Vermont snow). It is sitting on my couch under our front window with the cool, spring breeze blowing in the smell of the lilac tree while reading a book and the boys are sleeping. This spring's book were the Hunger Games series. I bet after all that dreamy lilac talk you weren't expecting a book about kids killing each other, huh? Well I liked book 1 and 2. If you haven't read them, don't read book 3, it was awful.
Just like the song says "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world....Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me"

1 comment:

erin said...

thanks for the tip. i haven't read the third hunger games and wondered if I should. sad that it ended so poorly..