Sunday, October 16, 2011

My state is prettier than your state

I borrowed that title from my good friend Sara, with her permission, because it represents my feelings about Vermont so well.  I seriously can't get enough of how perfectly beautiful Vermont is. And in the fall?! Oh. My. Word. It is unbelievable!!! To think I only have 1 more fall here in Vermont after this one breaks my heart.  I am madly in love with Vermont!

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower -Albert Camus

Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. -George Eliot

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz

A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least,  but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart. -Hal Borland

October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter. -Nova Bair

How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days. -John Burroughs

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. -Elizabeth Lawrence

Autumn makes me sing. -Dorothy Parker

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal grace. -John Donne

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the  autumn tree. -Emily Bronte

Autumn, the years last, loveliest smile. -William Cullen Bryant

Autumn passes and one remembers ones reverence. -Yoko Ono

6 comments:

Janssen said...

What gorgeous images.

A couple of years ago, Bart and I drove through Vermont in early November and we were just in shock at how beautiful it was. It was like walking into a book.

Natster said...

Christy!! I LOVE THIS! Clint and I determined we must live there too. Holy Cow, So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

The Marchant Family: said...

Can i come visit you? Seriously this is so beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Vermont. Lucky girl!

Marianne said...

Vermont is totally on my Bucket List!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

Heck yes Robyn!!! Come anytime you want! You too Mari! We love all visitors!

Heather said...

Love this post. I really like 'the shopping center' picture. When we first moved here everyone talked about autumn so much I was concerned it was over-hyped and we'd be disappointed...but we haven't. It is so pretty.